Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Caught Up...Sorta

This week, I am finally back to part-time at my part-time job.  For three weeks I was so much closer to full time.  I don't have time for full-time.  Someday, but for now, that is not part of the plan for our family.  In fact, it was quite a strain.  And Erik...knocked my socks off.  Why?  Because he has been so wonderful and helpful.  He always has been, of course.  But during this time, he kicked it up a notch and I have become a very spoiled lady.  He will still be helpful, but it is going to be really hard for me to return to the usual 'homekeeper' role.  I liked being lazy.  Even though I'm not sure it can really be called that.  Really, we are just taking more of a team approach.  And honestly, that is kind of the best way.

So, I am getting caught up on all the things of life I had to let slip away.  Blog reader is now showing no unread blogs.  Perhaps now, I will be able to blog more.  I have noticed that I am not the only blogger that has slowed down on posting.  I do love the blogosphere.  It is a priority for me, to read and be read. 

I don't have alot interesting to share though.  I am pretty boring today.  Got a mental to-do list going in my head that won't allow me much more down time.  So here are a few catch-ups:
  • I turn 40 next month.  Lots of people have bucket lists and things they want to accomplish before a milestone age.  Me, I think I will just quietly get older.  Maybe 45 or 50 will bring on a different mindset.  At 40, I am happy-with me, my life and my family.  THAT in itself is quite miraculous and should be the top of everyone's bucket list.
  • My laundry is almost caught up.  YEAH!
  • I hate the people who run for office.  I know Sarah Palin wasn't perfect, but what a breath of fresh air.  Can we get a whole Congress of people who are just like you and me?  At this point, I would vote for Donald Trump.  Just to do something different.  That would at least be some change.
  • I would like to have SNOW! or SUNSHINE!  I truly dislike gray as our primary weather. 
  • Hubby and I are beginning to get really excited about planning our 20th anniversary cruise.  It won't take place until 2014...but still, we are so excited.
  • My oldest daughter will turn 16 this year and that makes me want to hide my head under the pillow and cry.  I have such a love/hate/anguished/giddy mindset about my kids growing up. They are each so unique and wonderful soft-hearted girls.  I feel good about the ways God has blessed them through my extremely flawed parenting.  I am thankful that He has equipped the called in this case, because this momma certainly did not come equipped.
  • A friend asked me for parenting advice last night.  After I laughed out loud, I said, "Do the best you know how.  Give lots of hugs and apologies for all the times you screw it up."  I could throw out some other stuff that I have gleaned through observing the parents of good kids I know and child rearing books...but no one else can ever know what works best for MY kid or MY family except God.  I try to include HIM more than anyone else and think people would do well to always keep that in the forefront of parenting.  It is the toughest job you will ever love.  It is also the only job that will make you want to retire to an evening of crying because of what you fear 'might' happen 'someday'...at least I've never had another job that got that reaction from me.
  • I have only had about 4 of those evenings in my parenting career,  please don't judge me for something most people wouldn't admit to. ( :
  • I am determined to make this day very productive...and not just with a blog post.  Off I go to take on the world.

1 comment:

ShortyMom said...

Is there really a thing as caught up? I haven't seen anything near that!

Glad to see you're back :)