- I will let it go that my mom does not follow doctor instructions and remind myself that it is HER body, her life and her decision.
- I will enjoy my children instead of acting as though every decision they make will make or break the rest of their life.
- I will accept the fact that housework is totally postpone-able.
- I will allow myself to stuff some emotions, stuff 'em way down instead of being a jumble of emotions all the time. I can feel emotions without letting them take over only if I just stuff 'em every once in a while when they are too numerous.
- I will choose happiness...it is a choice.
- I will choose gratitude...it is a choice.
- I will choose health...it is a choice. The next decade will be determined by how I treat my body this decade.
- I will talk to God when I have a problem. I will talk to Him first. He has the best answers and He is the only one who can really do anything about, well, anything.
If you are a sandwich generation caretaker?? My hat is off to you, and I am reminded daily to pray for you. We have a tough calling and with the grace of God, we will show love in the place of pinching a head off.