Thursday, February 10, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Snow,

I have loved you for so long.  We have dashed out even in the night to sled down our hill that you made slippy.  We have rolled you up into snowballs and snowmen.  You have given us delightful memories and yes, even snow cream from time to time.  My heart has sped up at the prospect of your arrival.  I have stayed up late to watch your beautiful flakes begin to fall.  I have spent countless hours perched in windows just watching you in your breath-taking white perfection.

With that said, I think I need to let you in on a little secret.  This is Kentucky.  We don't get snow on top of snow.  We don't get clusters of days off from school all in a row.  We don't get snow that snow plows can't take care of.  It just isn't supposed to happen here.  You must have us confused with Alaska or Minnesota.

Now, pack up your snow clouds and turn around and go back to where you done came from. 

Bring it on freaky warm days in the middle of winter!  Bring IT!

Sincerely,
Janjanmom

2 comments:

Sara said...

Now that's funny! I had to read this one out loud to Philip so he'd know why I'm laughing over here all by myself. :)

Hula Girl at Heart said...

What?? YOU are tired of the snow?! I can't believe it. Personally, I was over it weeks ago, but you knew that, didn't you?