Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas IS Coming!!

Sorry to keep you in suspense, Mia gets bragging rights, it is Vera Bradley that makes Erika swoon.  She LOVES it.  Neither of us love the prices though.  They border on ridiculous.  We did find one, and it is one she really likes that was in my price requirement.  This is not a Christmas present, not truly.  More of a school supply.  Kayla got a Pokemon one.  Lilly has a really nice one from the Gap.  Those should get us through this year.

We have had our first bullying incident.  My daughter handled it well.  She was getting slammed on Facebook via private messages by a girl at school.  She blocked her, unfriended her and avoids her at school.  I hate that she is having to learn these lessons, but sooner or later we all have to learn how to deal with the mean girls.  Erik offered to coach her in fight school if necessary.  Good times.  Precious memories.

We had such a full and fun day yesterday that I can't believe it is only day one of break.  Well, day 2 now.  AND, because I am so used to getting up at 6:30 now, sleeping until 8 really does seem crazy late.  I get so much more accomplished these days.  As much as I dislike getting up early, I cannot deny being more productive in the morning.  By evening, I am tired and I no longer get a second wind at 9PM.

I have just a few more things I need to do before Christmas-mostly cooking things-and I am ready.  I am so glad that I was so driven initially.  It is nice to be looking forward to the rapidly approaching holiday, not racing the clock.

It is amazing how many people have cut out mailing Christmas cards this year.  We normally have a ton by now and we only have about a third of what we normally get.  I was really late mailing this year-but I did get them out...okay, some of them are being mailed today.  

I am doing really well at decluttering this week so far.  I have two boxes full and I plan to fill all of the other boxes I have laying around (from all of my online shopping).  One of our local charities suffered some major water damage a few days ago and I have decided that makes the timing perfect for me to do some major cleaning out-to replenish their stock.  If you are local-perhaps I can encourage you to do the same.

Merry Christmas preparation to you all!!!

No comments: