Monday, November 01, 2010

Deep Thoughts...

  • My voting strategy is re-elect no one...except Bob Leeper, the only honest politician left.  I cannot wait until November 3rd when all the ads and crap will STOP!!!  I got a call from a good friend asking me to do phone calls on behalf of some local politicians.  I declined due to lack of time, but as I have been thinking over it more I have come to a conclusion: Does anyone EVER want to get a political phone call endorsing a candidate?  I don't think so.  Millions of us sign up to be on 'no call' lists.  How would a political phone call help anyone get votes?  Also, unless you are the ACTUAL candidate, don't come knocking on my door with a flier.  It goes straight to the recycling pile-what a waste of paper and ink.  I'm all for the mailings though-keep that junk mail coming!!  Job security for the good old USPS!
  • Have you seen the ad for the shake weights?  LOL.  That's all I have to say about that.  LOL. LMBO.  Go ahead, try not to smile.
  • Today feels really nice.  It is really the first day I have two kids in school, one at home and nowhere to really have to be.  I like it.  Plus, I have the added bonus of being able to threaten this remaining kid with school and she stops any annoying behavior and hits the books.  Life is good.
  • I had a cheat weekend from my diet.  I did not go all crazy or anything-I just had a few splurges here and there.  Today, I am back on track and I don't think I will allow myself any cheating opps again-but this weekend, it had to be done.  I was surrounded by sugary goodness and no sugar free candy or even fruit.  Next time, I will fortify my defenses more.  Luckily, my scale needs new batteries and by the time I get new batteries, cheat fest will be long gone.
  • I was very upset all weekend about some things that were said about two people I love. Hateful labels placed on people who belong to a loving, caring Heavenly Father.  I considered some major confrontation involving long lectures about how judging people is wrong.  I was going to forcefully point out that no one can fairly be labeled by their sins-the Blood covers them all.  I even skipped church and was near tears most of the day.  Then, I asked God to take it away.  Take away my injured feelings.  Help me forgive it and move on.  He did.  I was even around one of those people later in the day and felt nothing but love and good will. God is good!!
Brain is now cleared for other activity.  Thank you for your support. 

PS.  I don't care who you vote for tomorrow-just don't forget to vote.  People fought and died for your right to express you opinion.  Don't take that casually.

No comments: