- My voting strategy is re-elect no one...except Bob Leeper, the only honest politician left. I cannot wait until November 3rd when all the ads and crap will STOP!!! I got a call from a good friend asking me to do phone calls on behalf of some local politicians. I declined due to lack of time, but as I have been thinking over it more I have come to a conclusion: Does anyone EVER want to get a political phone call endorsing a candidate? I don't think so. Millions of us sign up to be on 'no call' lists. How would a political phone call help anyone get votes? Also, unless you are the ACTUAL candidate, don't come knocking on my door with a flier. It goes straight to the recycling pile-what a waste of paper and ink. I'm all for the mailings though-keep that junk mail coming!! Job security for the good old USPS!
- Have you seen the ad for the shake weights? LOL. That's all I have to say about that. LOL. LMBO. Go ahead, try not to smile.
- Today feels really nice. It is really the first day I have two kids in school, one at home and nowhere to really have to be. I like it. Plus, I have the added bonus of being able to threaten this remaining kid with school and she stops any annoying behavior and hits the books. Life is good.
- I had a cheat weekend from my diet. I did not go all crazy or anything-I just had a few splurges here and there. Today, I am back on track and I don't think I will allow myself any cheating opps again-but this weekend, it had to be done. I was surrounded by sugary goodness and no sugar free candy or even fruit. Next time, I will fortify my defenses more. Luckily, my scale needs new batteries and by the time I get new batteries, cheat fest will be long gone.
- I was very upset all weekend about some things that were said about two people I love. Hateful labels placed on people who belong to a loving, caring Heavenly Father. I considered some major confrontation involving long lectures about how judging people is wrong. I was going to forcefully point out that no one can fairly be labeled by their sins-the Blood covers them all. I even skipped church and was near tears most of the day. Then, I asked God to take it away. Take away my injured feelings. Help me forgive it and move on. He did. I was even around one of those people later in the day and felt nothing but love and good will. God is good!!
PS. I don't care who you vote for tomorrow-just don't forget to vote. People fought and died for your right to express you opinion. Don't take that casually.