Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Change'll Do Me Good..

I am doing so much better this week.  Daisy is almost fully recovered.  Our central air unit was not broken in a 'had to replace the whole unit' way.  It was broken in a 'needed a part' way.  So, instead of thousands of dollars, we only spent $104.  Let me know if you ever need an HONEST HVAC guy and you are local!  The other guy we called was just trying to schedule replacing the whole unit.  I don't know if he was a crook or just not trained in replacing broken parts, only trained in replacing broken units.

Other updates, short and sweet:
  • School is better, I am finding my groove which allows the kiddos to do the same.  School start is always so hard for me.  The best laid plans of mice and men...
  • Erika is giving a big speech tomorrow.  I have not helped her in any way even though I really wanted to.  She wanted to do it all by herself.  She is so independent!!
  • Whoever invented 'slug bug' needs a good punch in the arm.  Especially the folks that changed the rules to include all VW's and name colors.
  • I am now seeing yet another doctor about my weight.  I went for my 'feminine' problem but he declared me too fat and gave me a list of rules and a follow-up appointment for weight loss in addition to the other stuff.  Alrighty then.  It's a shame I couldn't reach Jesus' hem instead.  It's all gonna be good.  I think.  I have already dropped a pound...he has some pretty drastic rules, but I have been plateaued for over a month-so it is OK to be a little drastic.
  • I started Community Bible Study (CBS) today.  It is a study of Genesis and my kids also study the same thing I do. (It also happens to be the subject of my 4th and 5th grade Sunday School class...I think God wants me in Genesis!)  It will be our Bible curriculum and also probably the high point of our week.  I have had people telling me about it for a long time and have just now managed to work it into our routine.  There are alot of homeschoolers involved with it...it is gonna be fun.
  • My tennis season is drawing to a close and I am glad.  It has required a whole lot of juggling of other stuff-plus I have not been able to go to aerobics and that is something I really miss!
Okay, that is all for now, have a blessed week, my internetties.

No comments: