Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love

No, I'm not joining the military. I'm talking about motherhood. I love my three darlings so much, some days I just want to pinch their little heads off. Today is not one of those days. Today we are at the library and life is good. Everyone kind of likes me a little. If I had known what being a mom entailed when I started this journey 12 years ago(almost 13-TIME FLIES!!)-I'm not sure I would have signed on for it. I have learned so much about myself and others. The motherhood club is a club of people who have their hearts living outside of their bodies. These hearts vacillate wildly from adoring you to loathing you. Sometimes both within the same 5 minute time allotment. (Of course this is wildly dependent on the hormone factors of all involved parties).

God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with children. I am conscious of every flaw I have or used to have. I want to be someone they love and respect. I want them to be lovable and respectable. I want them to like themselves and their family. I want them to revere God and want their lives to reflect that reverence. I want them to have hearts full of love. I want them to succeed. I want the patience to be able to withstand the temporary dislikes for their own good. I know someday they will both thank me for the good decisions I have made and taunt me with the bad ones. Lord, please help me to be balanced!!

This whole child rearing stuff is the toughest job in the whole wide world. Also, the most worthwhile job I have ever had. Have you hugged your kid today??

1 comment:

Mia said...

God gave us three children each then He stood back with a little chuckle and said "Female,Female,Female"
You are one of my favorite moms besides myself of course!