Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day of RECKONING


At least, I reckon that is what you would call it. Today the insurance adjuster comes over to survey our damage. And we learn our fate. We have so much damage it is very depressing to look around the yard. We also have not had the time (or motivation) to put in more work days after the killer workday we put in to clear out the trailer (to use it for clearing!)and clean the front yard.(Especially when fresh limbs fell into the yard again where we cleared. GRRRR.) Most of our trees go untouched in our yard. The front yard looks pretty deceptively clear. Stepping around to the back of the house tells a whole other story. Today there are big winds blowing and the giant limb poised over our house makes me very nervous.

We got estimates from a couple of tree guys and the prices made me crawl into my bed in the fetal position. I may have sucked my thumb. I understand why the prices have to be so high-I really do. I just don't like it. Not even a little bit. I think I am going to like my insurance coverage even less. I hope that I am wrong. I hope this afternoon I will be pleasantly surprised. However, for some reason, I just don't feel very good about insurance companies and their desire to do the right thing. Not even a little bit.

1 comment:

ShortyMom said...

Hubby was browsing the local Sunday paper this weekend and counted 55 different tree cutting/trimming/etc companies advertised. None of them see $$$. My neighbors had a contractor come out and give estimates on their roof and fence. Lets just say if there was ever one that needed to be reported for price gouging, it would be this one...Good luck today!