Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Holiday Meme!

The Christmas Tree 2008!! We just got it today despite the fact that it was yucky and rainy. It was alot of fun to go and pick it out. The tree farm we used to visit is no more so the last two years we have bought from a local charity that uses the proceeds to help needy families. This year we got a free music CD with THE Christmas Song on it!!! YEAH!! Actually he let us have 2 CD's but the other one is a bit of a dud.

The girls mostly put the ornaments on and when they get tired of doing it, I fill in the gaps and TRY to keep each branch limited to one ornament. Erik watches from the couch. We listen to Christmas songs usually but tonight we listened to "Sounds of the 70's" and sang and danced instead. A sight to behold.

Between me picking/rearranging, the kids and the cats- it will be a different ornament arrangement every day.

Sorry I took so long Ami!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper!! This year some homemade wrapping paper made out of newsprint. I do recycle the gift bags we are given though so that means a few of them are sprinkled in.
2. Real tree or Artificial?Real!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Today! No set date but it does have to be December.
4. When do you take the tree down? I always try to make it to Epiphany(Jan 6th), but I seldom can stand it that long.
5. Do you like eggnog?Is there rum in it? heehee. I'm more of a boiled custard girl.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Got a TV as a teen that started a lifelong addiction to sitcoms and late night TV.
7. Hardest person to buy for? All of the Dads on my list. I can't afford to buy them the things they REALLY want-and they would be offended if I could and did. Aren't Dads just impossible??!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids, I know what they long for and it is fun to surprise them.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Absolutely. No Jesus in the manger yet. He is the first (and best)present we unwrap on Christmas morning.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have ALWAYS mailed them but time, cost and the lazies are all working against that tradition this year!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A lovely pair of owl earrings I received as a small child. They were very large. My sisters and I talk about them very often. Wish I had kept them...a visual would send us into fits of laughter no doubt!!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I used to shop all year but the last 3 or 4 I start about Nov 1 with a goal to be done before Black Friday.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh please, haven't we all??
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Food. HAM!!!
16. What decorations are on your tree? Tons of homemade ones-even some made by Erik and I. Lots of Hallmark ones as well. All in their little boxes with bubble wrap.

17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole-all other versions are no good, LOL
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
We run all day to other houses-but it is all local family gatherings and I love it!! We trash the house Christmas morning, eat candy and junk for breakfast and then keep the roads hot.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on top of tree or star? Last year I splurged on a new finial and I love it!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? PJ's Christmas eve and everything else is Christmas morn.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not being rich enough to help all the needs I see. (That annoys me year-round though!)
23 What theme or color are you using when you decorate? Ecclectic baby!! Just like every other area of my life!!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Food? or Which family? heehee Again I say HAM!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
The same thing I want and ask for every year for my birthday, Christmas and Mother's Day-children that not only do not fight but are nice to each other. (I never get it, by the way!!)

5 comments:

Becky K. said...

Hey, I wanted to invite you over for a little contest and giveaway.

Amy said...

That was fun!

I love The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole too. *Sigh* There's none better!;)

Merry Christmas!
Amy:)

Sara said...

I love the new photo on your blog heading and that you keep it new and always changing.

Jason, as himself said...

Mmmmmmm. Now I want ham.

Jen said...

oh we are soul sisters........Elf is the greatest movie EVER!! What's a Christmas Gram?? I WANT ONE! hahahahahaaaaaa

and so many other answers are the same too......