Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Generosity

Since I spent yesterday bellyaching, I will spend today being humbled and grateful. I am grateful for people who buck the American way of selfishness and reach out to help others. I cannot wait for the day when my personal family has more than enough and is able to bless others in the way that is mentored to us at our church.

I can't think of a time when our body of believers heard of a hard luck case that didn't spur them into action. That is the way it should be. We don't need the government to take away our blessing of giving. We need them to focus on schools, roads, infrastructures and such. Let charity come from the people of America. The churches are in a unique position to know the needs and meet them. They also can usually spot a fraud and deal with it as people have been trying to scam them for years.

I am blessed today beyond my wildest imaginings by simply knowing someone else was blessed today. The Christmas spirit is alive and well even if the economy isn't.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: