Thursday, September 25, 2008

At Last, My Time Has Come Along...

My time to completely understand why some people (not naming any names here) have a hard time keeping up with their blogs. First, I have to say I never sit at this keyboard and have a hard time finding something to write about. I never have writer's block. Probably never will. I never struggle to keep up with conversations either. I have trouble allowing other people room to talk, but never any trouble holding up my end of the conversation. (Stop laughing and amening-real life friends.) However, I am having a hard time lately finding time to post every day and decide which of the ten blog posts dancing around in my brain I want to write.

There is much to catch up on. Early Tuesday morning, our family took a little road trip to St. Louis. We had tickets to a night game and before that we were going to do a little sight seeing. We went to the butterfly house and it was glorious. So many beautiful butterflies!! We loved it. Erik was the only one lucky enough to have a butterfly land on him. We took lots and lots of pictures but it was on a disposable camera not our digital camera. I understand why the world has gone digital!! Waiting to finish a roll of film and then get it developed is maddening!! After the butterfly house, we checked into our hotel. We also walked up to the 18th floor to see the pool and then we took off for the arch. Erik and I had not gone up in a long time and the kids had not ever gone up so it was very exciting for them. They have done a whole lot of remodeling and it now includes a little movie about the history of St. Louis. It was great and we could see our hotel pool from the top. Then we went to eat at a local restaurant with great pizza and pasta. After that, we were off to the game. It was such a wonderful surprise to find out that Busch stadium now has margaritas!! Live baseball and margaritas!! Good times, good times. The cards won and we saw a homerun. The next morning we got up early to swim in the two rooftop pools. They were very warm and it was totally awesome to know we were swimming up 18 floors from the ground. After swimming we checked out and headed homeward. We stopped at Joe's Crab Shack for a delicious lunch.

Upon arriving home, we checked messages and discovered that Mom had gone with my sister to get her new leg. The girls and I ran over to see it before church. She is very excited but still a long way off from getting to walk on it. She needs lots of prayers. She has not been an ideal patient so now she will have to do some catch-up to make up for all the rules she has broken. She has not been walking with her walker or flexing and unflexing her knee. This gives her some new hurdles in addition to getting used to a leg.

So that covers our life up to today. Today we have spent the day chilling. Tomorrow and Saturday we will finish our school week. Saturday we will be nature detectives and we can't wait. It is going to be a very busy and fun weekend.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, all that excitement! Sounds like a fabulous mini-vacation.

Jason, as himself said...

Same here, I rarely have writer's block, but I frequently run out of time.

I think I would like the life of a hermit. A hermit with a blog.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Oooh, I love Joe's Crab Shack. It's so kitchy and fun. Did you dance on the tables? We always do. And you know how I feel about margaritas....