Today is Lilly's birthday. Lilly really pushes me to defend every thing I say and do. She is a non-conformist to the max-she gets that honest!! She also enjoys life, every little nuance of life. She has fun no matter what she is doing. She is loving, exuberant and breathtakingly honest. She works hard and plays hard. She is a joy and I look forward to the young lady she will become.
Last night we celebrated Lilly's birthday with some of her friends.(Erika hand sewed the dress Lilly is wearing in this picture!) It was so much fun. We did a cooking party and the kids enjoyed making stuff-but did not really eat very much. Kids at parties never do. Here was our menu:
- Salad kebabs (cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives & green peppers)
- baked pasta (noodles with sauce, cheeses and the option of adding olives and peppers)
- sushi (fruit roll-ups wrapped around rice crispy treats with a gummy worm in the middle)
- fruit kebabs (pineapple, mango, passion fruit cocktail alternated with banana pieces)
- pudding cup [vanilla pudding with crushed vanilla wafers(sand), a cool little umbrella and a gummy peach ring to make it look like a beach]
It was a very complicated party that I could not have pulled off without good friends helping me ALOT! I think everyone had a good time though and if anyone left hungry, it was their own fault. I did not do a birthday cake because there was so much other food. We just put a candle in Lilly's pudding cup and sang to her.
It was a very fun night and I am so glad it is finished. I hope all the kids had fun! The other two girls will be having small parties, not big production numbers.