Friday, January 11, 2008


Chatterbox...Gravy


I am such a chatterbox!! Even if I know I don't have time for chatter, I just can't help it. I am dealing with such a word overage that I can hardly stop myself. I have been telling people all week that I cannot talk on the phone long or visit long because I was doing other stuff (co-op, school, ministry fair, JAM). It has been the busyest week in a long time and yet, I have managed to accomplish alot.


This lets me know two things about myself.


1. I am more productive with more to do. This is so odd but true. It seems like it would not, could not be true. But it is. A day with nothing to do leaves me doing nothing. (I still like those days though.)(Nothing is a relative term-housework is always there and done on some level.)


2. Chatter is good for me. Especially if I can reign it in and make it productive. I have chattered alot this week, but because I have been mostly responsible with it, it hasn't kept me from doing things that needed to be done.


It has been a good week and I am sooooo excited about this weekend. Please pray for us. Pray that all goes well. I dream of being an optimist, but I am a pessimist by nature. I am optimistic about this though!! I am trying to keep my expectations at fun fellowship that accomplishes nothing though. Just because I don't want to be doom and gloom Monday morning. Anything that gets done is just gravy, right? Mmmmm, gravy.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I like gravy!

You are so right about the busier you are, the more you get done. Since I started working, my house stays much cleaner. Partially because it is not "as used", but mostly because I know I have to make good use of my time or I will soon feel overwhelmed. I don't function well like that!