Saturday, December 08, 2007

Still tired...

  • Guess what? My shopping wasn't all done, I had to finish my angel tonight to turn in at church tomorrow. Just got finished wrapping. Ooops. I am sure there are more forgotten things.
  • Downloaded a Christmas Album off of i-tunes and then I just burned it onto a CD and played it in the vehicle. I love technology. I am going to make Erik a mix-tape, oops CD for Christmas...heehee. Just kidding honey, you would probably hate it. Our music taste is similar but just enough different to keep our music separate.
  • The Christmas Chorus Performance today was AWEsome for this little country girl. I'd never heard a live symphony before. I'm still impressed, 12 hours later. Two of my daughters were on stage with them, Kayla singing-slightyly enjoying herself. Lilly, part of a play with no lines. She did not stop smiling. She was in heaven-on a stage, surrounded by music, lights and applause.
  • Said no to a last minute birthday party invite. It nearly killed me, but I am proud of myself-except for all of the guilt I have. I hope the little girl had a huge party. We will set up a playdate with her soon and Lilly will love it.
  • My mom spent the day with us today and it dawned on me how poor her health is and how frustrating it is for her. I wish I could fix it. I can't. She wants to go and do but being on her feet just wears her down. Watching my dad walk is the same. The next 10-15 years are gonna be so hard. Watching your parents lose their health/freedom is a real hard thing. Erik's parents are slowing down considerably too. Aging is a necessary part of life, I know.

No comments: