Thursday, December 27, 2007


So Not A Mall Girl!


And yet I will be forced to be one for a few visits so that the girls can spend their Christmas money. It is "burning a hole in their pockets". Man, I always hated that saying when I was a kid, but it totally makes sense to me now. Kids just really enjoy spending money that they did nothing to earn. It makes that giant yellow bracelet seem like a wise purchase if you didn't work an entire hour to pay for it.


Tonight, I did not think I would make it. I wore my black dressy shoes with my thin black socks because I needed new shoes. It took much longer to find some than I anticipated. Payless saved us. We always look all kinds of other places and yet still end up at Payless. We are fancy like that. Erika got new shoes too-boots. I now have some "wannabe croc" mary janes and I love them. I know crocs are bugly, but they fit almost like birkenstocks-which means comfortable!! She and I both sat on benches in the middle of the mall and put our new shoes on. We have no pride, except in our new comfy shoes.


I am dead now. Must sleep. These crazy kids will expect breakfast in the morning.


1 comment:

Mia said...

oohh I have a white hot hatred for the mall! Only time we go IS Christmas time. In my youth I would have probably spent ALL my time in Hot Topic but now well you know me Wal-Mart baby!!
Love, love some Crocs,only dream of getting Birkenstocks.....