Friday, December 28, 2007

Computer Work

My butt has been planted in this chair off and on all day. I am trying to wrap up all the loose ends for the Ministry Fair I am organizing at my church. I have now done all I can do until I receive the papers back from my ministry leaders. However, since I only got 1 back on the due date, I am moving to plan "B" where I list their jobs for them and they live with it because they did not turn in their papers or communicate with me. ( ; I will also directly email them so it isn't as control freaky as it sounds, however, sometimes(in this case) control freakydom is good.

So anyway, why do I feel like all the brain work I have done today while sitting in this chair today won't count? I know it counts for God, who I believe will like the fact that I am trying to hone in on what my gifts are and use them for His Glory. I know at least the staff at my church will appreciate the work going into this whether the results are what we hope for or not. But generally, the pay-off for this project will be nill. My husband and children will just see it as Mom being on the computer all day. My housework will go undone. Most of my church will not realize that any prep work has gone into this at all.

It isn't just this project though, is this not the story of a Domestic Engineers life?? We work, plan, manage and micro manage until we are so weary. No one notices what is done, only what is undone!! Why oh why is that?? If I may insert a postal-ism here. My hubby says that no one notices the 10,000,000 pieces of mail that an individual gets delivered correctly and on-time. They hone in and focus on the one misdelivered. This is true of the mom/household manager job as well. It does not matter how many times all of the stocking is consistent-it counts for nothing if the bathrooms run out of toilet paper. It seems the whole world is so busy buzzing around on auto-pilot, we forget to notice the work that other people do-big or small-to make our world a happy place. That is, unless they do it wrong or don't do it at all. It just seems a little bass-ackwards, as my mom used to say.

I think maybe t is time for a break, to go make supper and put another load of clothes in. Please allow me another poor pitiful me indulgence.
"Man works from sun to sun, but woman's work is never done." Can I get an AMEN?

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

You are so right. Everyone in the world just needs to slow down and just say THANK YOU for all of those little things that are done for them every day. So Janice, thank you!

Stephanie said...

I'm going to chime in with the "Seven-fold Amen" from "The Lord Bless You and Keep You!"

That is how I feel about 90% of my job. It's a good thing I truly love what I'm doing!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Amen. I'm getting a real chuckle over my husband's attitude toward housekeeping now that he's retired and is a house husband. He was whining the other day because he cleaned and organized the laundry room shelves and no one noticed. "Welcome to a woman's world," I said.