Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ketch-Up

I'm tired of random and odd as a title header, so I am going with a food we seldom eat as a title instead.

  • I'll go ahead and start there, isn't that bizarre? Three kids, two grown-ups and none of us are ketchup eaters. Not even with fries. Occasionally on hot dogs but certainly not always. Just those big fat crinkle cut french fries. They REQUIRE ketchup. McD's ones stand alone.
  • The parade was soooo much fun. Only because Lilly loved it so much. She is the most exuberant person I have ever known. Erik and I walked beside the float and started handing out coloring books. She asked if she could please help. I said yes, but she had to keep up with the float and stay between dad and me. She followed the letter of the law and she enjoyed giving out coloring books more than anything ever. She still smiles when she talks about it. She was telling Grandma about it and she said, "I walked the whole parade-how far was that mom?" "17 Blocks", I answered. "Yeah, I walked 17 miles and I was tired!" Where oh where did she learn to exaggerate like that???
  • Dad stopped and got steaks to grill on the way home. We never have them. They were delicious. We ate supper at 7:45. However, everything tastes so much better when you are 6 degrees past hungry.
  • Care group was fun today but very busy! It was at our house and the big girls went in one room, little girls to another and the babies stayed out in the middle. The little girls-six year olds played dress-up and we hardly even saw them!! Good times. The babies were good too-are babies ever bad?? NOOO, unless you are there momma and you have not had any sleep. One baby was a toddler and I realized, as he was playing with the plunger-a glass tea set-a glass jar of shells-library books-etc, that my house is no longer baby-proofed. He is a boy, too and they require more baby-proofing than girls. It starts that early, the differences!! I promised Shanna that if they join our group-I will baby-proof next time. Emily requires no baby-proofing and my girls never did either-away from home they were never that curious. At home though, no stone unturned.
  • I believe I posted on here not too long ago that there are not alot of people I really like. As I wrote it, I knew that was sort of true but not exactly how I meant it. It has bothered me ever since.(Yes, I am pathetic-don't judge me.) So I will now attempt to clarify that thought. I like almost everybody almost immediately. I make friends in an instant. My ability to empathize is so overdeveloped I should be on Prozac. I cry during intense drama scenes in movies-probably why I prefer comedies. I can almost always see both sides of the story(only if I am not personally enmeshed though). Most friendships that I have made as a grown-up are still friendships that are loosely maintained. Sometimes I spend 15 minutes catching up with an old pal in an aisle at Walmart.(Yes, I am that woman. Don't judge me.) So when I said I don't like many people-it was a big fat lie. What I was trying to crystallize is that, there are very few people I LIKE. (much clearer!!) To me, like is just casual and sometimes somewhat deep friendships. LIKE means you can say the wrong things sometimes and the other person "GETS" you so well that they know what you meant. They are no misunderstandings because they see right through to your soul and know your heart AND what you meant. To me, those are rare and precious jewels. When someone like that comes along-you keep that friendship FOREVER, even if they live in TX. I have about 10 that are that for me-some of them are far away and impossible to be in close touch with-but God always keeps someone close to me, thank goodness. These are mentors. These are the friends I can turn to when I need an iron sharpening iron friend. These people will call me on the carpet if I am wrong. These people remind me who I am and what I stand for(and against) if I lose a bit of my faith. I may not be that for them. I hope I am. I have friends that I am that kind of friend to them, but they are not and could not be that to me. I find that totally bizarre but totally true. To really truly "get" someone and to know they will never "get" you is a very bizarre thing. There are also instances where I totally "get" someone and they "get" me, we just will never be close friends. No reasons in particular, it just isn't going to happen. I am re-reading this and it just makes no sense, especially if you don't "get" me-but it still is a bit clearer than saying I like very few people-which, if you "get" me at all made no sense as you read it.
  • I'm clicking publish now because that last bullet set a rambling post record and now I need a tylenol and sleep. I AM a master of communication. NOT!

4 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I think I totally get what you meant about people that you LIKE. Those are the people that I call my close friends, or if given the opportunity, would probably be my close friends.

Jen said...

I am totally understanding what you mean.

TOT-ALL-EEEE

Mia said...

get it?
got it
good!

Sara said...

I understand wanting to clarify blogs. It's hard to know how thoughts come across online. Thanks for being such a commited blogger!