Thursday, December 06, 2007




A Christmas Quiz

Jason tagged me and I tag all of my readers because I want to know!!! Please tell me you played in the comments so I can go read!! Sara D, please play along? You've not spoken to us since August-it's time. Steph-you should do this as well, if baby Phoebe will allow it!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper with all of my paper-wasting heart.
2. Real tree or artificial? REAL!!!! Love love love them. Grew up with artificial trees every year until one year when my mom purchased a live tree, FLOCKED. It was the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I'll have to post a picture. We love to tease her about it. She went right back to artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week in December.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 7th, the day after the Epiphany. But some years I just can't stand it and I take it down late Christmas night after the kids go to bed and put it all away in the dining room or garage until Jan 30, heehee.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but then again I have never tried Martha Stewart's REAL 7 kinds of liquor egg-nog either. I might enjoy a cup of that-but I doubt I made her party guest list.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nope, can't think of one. My husband gave me my engagement ring for Christmas though and that was the most AWESOME thing ever.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, and we wrap baby Jesus and put him in the tree. Christmas morning, he is the first/best present we open. Then we put him in the manger and the madness starts.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
9. Easiest person to buy for? My children-paring it down is the problem.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Too numerous to mention-I really like giving gifts more than receiving them. Unless it is VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT and practical!!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?Mail and I LOVE them. I love pictures and newsletters too!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf. It is the only Will Ferrell movie I can stomach though. I loved the short SNL skits-but stretching them into a whole movie is just wrong.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? October
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only to people whose paths will never cross-Seinfeld taught me to be very careful re-gifting. Lately though, the Salvation Army or friends get the things that don't work.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham. Peanut butter fudge.
16. Clear lights or colored on the trees? Clear, clear, clear, three cheers for clear!
17. Favorite Christmas song? The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
Nat King Cole ( a cool video of it) I kind of love them all though.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, cause all my family is local.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen but do you recaaaaalllllllll the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year I hope to splurge on a fancy finial-but it has been a paper plate angel for many years. (Daughter gave permission on the finial, the angel will remain on the tree somewhere!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? 1 on Christmas eve(new pajamas) and the rest Christmas morning. This year we will have a gifts theme of Gold-something you really want, Frankinscence-something to draw you closer to God and Myrhh-something that smells pleasing. I wanted to narrow down to only three gifts-but you can't expect a morphine addict to quit cold turkey. Eventually we will work our way down to 3.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who are way too important to have to wait in line, EVAH. But that annoys me all year. So do cell phone conversations in line.
23. What I love most about Christmas? People seem to really want to show kindness to other people and that is exactly what Jesus wants for his birthday!!

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

Thank you for humoring me. I feel special, sis.

Ami said...

You forgot Olive.


You know. Olive the other reindeer.

janjanmom said...

*snort*-Olive.