Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blah...

My niece spent the night last night. She woke me up at 2 AM screaming, "Aunt Janjan Aunt Janjan". (Aside, this is where janjanmom comes from. I do not go by Jan, although my Aunt Jewel called me that ocassionally. My nephew Jason started calling me Aunt Janjan. I was around 7 and Aunt Janice seemed wrong-too old. It stuck. I like it. When it came time to come up with a username somewhere in the computerized world we live in, janjanmom was born. Since I was "Janjan" before "Mom" it flowed beautifully.)Back to the story! I made it through the house in a sleepified stupor and said, as sweetly as I could muster, "Yes?"-it did not come out as sweet as hoped for but fairly close. "I miss my mommy." "Honey, it is the middle of the night, everyone misses their mommy in the middle of the night. In the morning it will be fun again and you will be glad you are here. I love you and so does your mommy. Go back to sleep and please please don't yell again, everyone is asleep." "OK". Sniffle, sniffle. I forgot that 6 year olds sometimes miss thier mommies. I am really exhausted today. I had somewhat grand illusions as to what I would accomplish today. I did not accomplish them. Next mission-try to force myself to attend church tonight. I want to, but my flesh is screaming for a break already. I did take a nice hot bath this morning and so I am clean. Baby steps.

I am going to take my Christmas tree down tonight. Slowly. No pressure, I've had enough deadlines and pressure for a while. The only thing I have to occupy my sweet little brain is a little school, a little co-op and the ministry fair which is going really well since my last chat with the co-chair. I had huge elaborate "booths" in mind. She laid that to rest and at least 100 lbs of worry lifted from my shoulders. Ahhhh. So anyway, I have the time available to do some mindless chores-like taking down the tree and organizing my new wonderful hand-me-down bookcases. I also plan to devise a "rearranging the house" escapade.

I should really go to church. I should. REALLY. I want to. I will...

1 comment:

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

It does feel good to be free from all the Christmas deadlines, doesn't it?

These last few days have been crazy. Good crazy, but crazy all the same.

Here's hoping you get a solid night's sleep tonight.