Sunday, August 19, 2007

Me thinks...

I am a whirlwind of emotions today. As is common with me, many outings means many episodes of getting my feelings hurt. I wish I had the ability to not take things so personal, but I don't. I get hurt and then have to take time to reflect on the hurts and decide if I am making a big deal out of nothing or if that person needs to be blown off the planet for being so insensitive. Heehee. I had something happen to me at the church dinner and while I was still reflecting another humdinger after church today. Usually Erik helps me sort out if I am making mountains out of moehills or not. Usually I am, today he agreed, both were sort of going out of their way to "snub".

I am doing the only thing I know to do. Praying for them and praying for me to be less critical and also less sensitive. I know I probably hurt people all the time and don't even realize it and I have to assume that is where these people are as well. Even though my heart is telling me otherwise. My heart is usually irrational and overly emotional.

Do you ever get your feelings hurt at church? Is it just me? Maybe my expectations of my church family are way too high.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,,I get my feelings hurt..alot.
I do the same thing, is it me, do I just expect too much from them, etc..then I figure it's me....but really there are some mean people at church.
call me.....we need to catch up. I may just come by.....I have a lot going on, and need to chat anyway!!i miss ya and I really missed the meeting the other day.....:(

love ya,
heather

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Church is family and perpetuates the myth that everyone will always get along within the congregation. However, like family there are disagreements, misunderstandings and hurt feelings. It's usually the result of gossip or misinformation. Sometimes people just decide they don't like you, and you never know why. It's frustrating but a small price to pay for all of the benefits you get from church. Maybe I'm getting old, but I've reached the point that if people like me, they like me. If they don't, I just let it go. If you continue to show them love, they will eventually come around. If they don't it's really their probably, not yours.