Thursday, June 14, 2007

Catch Up!

Wow, seems like forever since I posted. Sometimes life picks you up and shakes you up a little.
I went to bed really late on Tuesday night, about 1. The phone rang two and a half short hours later and it was my sister letting me know Mom was in the hospital, possibly having a heart attack. She had just gotten there and did not have any info yet. Moments later, another call that yes it was a heart attack and serious. I dressed and went quickly.

I did not make it back to bed until last night around 10. I think I may change my sleep habits for just in case. Mom is still in Critical Care. Stabilized but not much more than that because her iron continues to be bottomed out. Nothing can be done until it is 9.6. After two units of blood, it is only 8. She is feeling better today. Probably because we have been surrounding her with laughter that only 4 grown sisters can. We all 4 have the sick sarcastic senses of humor you find in me. ( ; Her blood pressure even came up a little when they brought her flowers from us in.

Please keep her in your prayers. Specifically, I would like for you to petition for:

*A higher iron count-she needs at least two stints and a mitral valve repaired that is leaking. Neither can happen until the iron level comes up.

*The will to get better. She is slowly getting her "spunk" back which as you well know is critical to recovering from a heart attack. (or anything)

*She has no insurance and is constantly worrried about money, pray for her to have peace about it. It is all she talks about and we just want her to focus on getting better. At 63, she does not qualify for medicare or medicaid yet so she is a nervous wreck.

*My oldest sister to realize she does not have to live at the hospital. She is running herself ragged and cannot accept her powerlessness in these circumstances. We would love for her to find God at the end of this journey. And a nap.

*My Darling husband to continue being so wonderful. I am very blessed to have a man who values family above all else.

Posting for the next few days will be sporadic at best. Each day you check and don't find me, pray for the above things. God has a plan in all of this. He works all things together for good for those that love Him. I am clinging to that right now.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the update... been thinkng about you all. I'm glad your mom is pulling through!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I will pray for all of those things AND strength, patience and faith. Let me know if there is something else I can do for you.

Mia said...

praying for you dear friend and especially your mom. "Indeed we call them blessed who endure" James 5:11