Thursday, May 24, 2007

I am woman!

Today is a day, not where I celebrate womanhood, but lament it. It is so hard to get along with us, no wonder our men are half crazy trying to figure us out. I do not have a wealth of experience to draw on either. My best friend all through high school was a guy. I never had a group of girls I was chummy with, so really being forced to communicate with groups of women is new to me. I usually tend to be friends with other women who don't do well with other women. Also, I have three sisters, but we pretty much just gave each other wide berth on everything and for the most part still do. I was taught the fine art of gossip by a mom who did not know what else to do. You get mad, play like you aren't, find a good confidant and rehash it all. This is not an effective plan and yet, I am drawn to it like a moth to a light. I am trying desperately to break this pattern, but other people do it too and sometimes I get to far in before I realize that I am caught in the snare. Everytime it happens and I find myself in the midst of a bruhaha, I just want to depart from women and sit at a table with the boys at lunch and take Ag for four years. Men just don't get into the whole not saying what you think think. They call a spade a spade and we spend all day saying things like, "It isn't really about the spade." and crying a little. I hate it when I am like that!! I get my feelings hurt and just want to take my ball and go home. Sadly, that is what I have done 80% of my grown-up life. I want to work things out now. There have been some friends in my life that I have had bruhahas with and lived to see the other side. Those are precious friendships. It WAS worth it. I guess the trick is weeding out the ones that aren't.

I hope you are not in the middle of a bruhaha so you can pray for me, cause I am. Pray for me to have wisdom to decide if it is a "worth it" thing or not.

God grant me the serentity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Praying for you and your bruhaha. Take from a old pro at bruhaha "this too shall pass"
(((hugs)))

Stephanie said...

You know, I have to read "How to love someone you can't stand" at least once a year. I wish I could have it tattoed onto my brain.

Your brouhaha is in my prayers. Love you!