Monday, April 16, 2007

CARDINALS ROCK!

We went to see the Cardinals yesterday with some great friends from church and had so much fun!! Lilly spent the night with my mom because I took her not so long ago and neither of us had fun. Actually, the older two did not have fun last time either. This time, they were, at last, old enough to appreciate the nation's past-time. The whole trip came about very last minute because some friends of Erik's had an unexpected death in the family-thus leaving their 5 tickets up for sale. It took alot of juggling for both families to get our church jobs covered, but everything fell into place pretty easily. It was so much fun to go to a game with friends! Erik and his Dad had already been planning to go and had their tickets. They sat in a different section, but we found them and spied on them with binoculars. We got to see Pujols hit TWO home runs and Duncan hit one. Fireworks are a little more dazzling at a night game-but I prefer day games. They beat the Brewers 10-2. AWESOME! I've not been to see a cardinals game since the new stadium and it was great. I still don't understand tearing out the old to build a new-my if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality-but I did enjoy the picnic area and cup holder. It is a very nice stadium. I miss the little arches all around though.

Back to normal today, whatever that is. I am very tired today and can't seem to shake it even though I went to bed 2-3 hours earlier than normal. I am off to get ready for scouts tonight!! Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: