Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Today is fat Tuesday. I am trying to make up my mind if I should give something up for Lent. The list is long of potentials. I want my whole family to give up TV for Lent, but this was met with total boos and hisses. Here are my most passionate vices(in no particular order):

1. sugar
2. blogging
3. reading blogs
4. computer browsing
5. TV
6. Talk radio, specifically Bill, then Rush
7. Fast food (not often-mostly days out)
8. chocolate
9. Fiction books

What do you think? Are you giving something up? The point is to be more focused on the sacrifice Christ made for us everytime you miss whatever you gave up. I will let you know what I decide. I am leaning toward #5 or #1.

5 comments:

Julie Anne said...

Oh come on Janice, you don't wanna give up blogging. It's thereapeutic, cathartic and necessary! Before I even got to the bottom of your post I was thinking #1 and #5. Go for it girl. (how long would that be for? I'm slightly uneducated on the Lent thing)

Holly said...

Last year I gave up Dr. Pepper. Never before did I appreciate how long lent can be.

jettybetty said...

Just don't give up blogging! I would miss you too much!

jeonjutarheel said...

Fiction books? How is that even on the table?? I couldn't live without them, I usually go through three a month (plus two nonfiction).

Anonymous said...

Go about blogging with a song, read books with joy, eat chocolate praising all the while...that kinda thing!!
I think to focus on Jesus, we can heartily enjoy the blessings we're given. Deprivation doesn't necessarily bring about worship, more like crankiness or martyrdom, ya know?!?

~~