Thursday, January 04, 2007

Random and Odd...

Co-op was great. I loved every minute of it and I am revitalized. Kayla wants to be student of the year. She is so refocused on school, I am encouraged that this was the right thing to do for our family. Erika and Lilly are very excited as well! Erik is elated, he knew we needed a pick-me-up to get us back on track. He LOVES the hard homework. LOVES it. It isn't really all that hard, just comprehensive-which is a good thing.

Once again, I worried needlessly and made mountains of molehills. I think I expected that my elementary kids were going to law school where they would be ten years behind everyone else and at the end of the day, all the other co-op moms would look at me and say, "What did you do to make your children so behind in school? They all have to go back to kindergarten." Or something like that. So it turns out, we are right on track with the rest of the co-op world and thankfully God blessed me with kids who catch on to things relatively easy so they will do OK. Also, these Moms were very kind and graceful, not judging, but equipping. AND they are going to let me teach the big kids art. And they KNOW I only have three years of college and did not get a degree(What if they don't know?? I should not have wrote that!!). I'm not worthy...hee hee.

***********************************************************************************

Our relative who wishes to remain anonymous is still hospitalized and needs prayers. God knows who this person is so please pray!! There are so many health issues to be tapdanced around, I feel better about it all if I know others are petitioning!! This is forcing some issues on others as well, so it is a bit of a tough time for everyone. Sorry so vague...please just pray.

***********************************************************************************

Janice's movie reviews:

The Devil Wears Prada- Excellent, watched it with the kids. There is a speck or two of bad language but this is a well done movie. Good message and Meryl Streep is totally awesome. Anne Hathaway(I think?) too. I loved it.

Click-Not a kid movie at all, did not let them watch it. TOO TOO much sexual content. Sadly, as with all Adam Sandler movies, they are good and don't need the trash but they put it in anyway. We like MOST of his movies but always wish he left the garbage at the curb. Good movie,laughed alot, great message. Go Fonzie!!

Million Dollar Baby-Well I just knew I would not like this movie, I mean, come on-BOXING??? As it began, I had no intent on getting involved in it. It sucked me in like a hoover. Wonderful story, a great father-daughter type relationship that DID NOT TURN and make me throw up. I loved it so much. Not a kid movie in my opinion but I don't remember alot of bad language and there were no gutter scenes. Thank you Clint Eastwood.

************************************************************************************

Any Texans reading this blog? I think we are looking at the 3rd and 4th week in March to do the Texas whirlwind tour. Whee!! Please find the cheapest/nicest/closest hotel in your vicinity and get back to me with hardcore facts so we can book it!! A pool would be nice, indoor. Hot tub in the room a nice plus. Free breakfast too. All the bells and whistles, but cheap.

Last but not least, endeavor is spelled with an o not an e. I think I knew that. Yikes!! Thanks for editing me Steph. I can take it! But THEN, don't leave me waiting by the phone with no ring. ) : Hee hee!! Maybe you were watching Million Dollar Baby as well? We will talk soon. Like maybe tonight after 9. You have 15 minutes and then I'm calling you!

****I hate when it takes me more than one try with the word verification.****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to hear that you will be heading this way. I don't really know of any good hotels. When my parents came, I just looked online for a good price at that time. I'll keep my ear open and pass along anything I hear. Glad you're heading this way!

jettybetty said...

We use Priceline--we've gotten some really good things for cheap that way! (Let me know if I can help!) What part of TX are you coming to?

Glad you loved the coop!