Friday, January 05, 2007

INSANE!!

Maybe I should make a new year's resolution to go to bed at a decent hour. I got on here to check out my blog from last night and make sure it was coherent since I blogged after 1 AM. Two of you fellow early risers had already read it...good thing it checked out OK.

Jettybetty asked me about civil unions. These are set up to allow things like hospital visitation when family tries to deny visits to a gay lover, insurance with some companies, and after death rights. I don't have a problem with it. I understand the reasoning and rationale behind them. I have had many gay friends in my life and I have nothing but compassion for them. I do not believe it is a happy-go-lucky life choice. I think there are awful struggles and it is very rare for them to have lengthy life-enhancing relationships. I have never known a gay woman, but I know gay men are very promiscuous and seldom have lengthy monagamous relationships. The sexual relations that they must participate in are damaging to the body. Plus, marriage between a man and a woman is more than just sex and physical attraction. This is why marriages can survive affairs and then be stronger because of it. Marriage should be harder to get into and certainly harder to get out of.

Marriage is not for same sex couples. I don't even know why gays want it, probably they all don't. Marriage is a Godly design. It is a gift from our creator to have a help-meet. An opposite that complements and makes us better. IT is for men and women who make a vow til death do us part. It is about procreation and having a stable environment to raise and nurture children. That said, I don't agree with the flippant way marriage is treated. Divorce should be next to impossible to get in my humble opinion. You should have to jump through hoops, have waiting times, couseling in order to end a marriage. What Hollywood has done to marriage is despicable. It has made a trend of "I love you until you don't make me happy anymore!". I don't know about you, but that was not one of my vows. My vows sounded real sweet but they have been real hard to live by. My husband is the love of my life and I might not have fully appreciated that had we not been through hard times when I did not even like him anymore. It became the vow before God and family to stick with him that got us through. On the other side?? Wow, I sure am glad we made it because my husband is not perfect, but he is perfect for me.


Wow, that is some heavy fare early in the morning...oh wait it isn't early anymore. I am off to make breakfast. I am a walking zombie because Steph and I talked on the phone for 100 hours last night. I hate it that Abilene is so far away. I love it that we will get to visit in March-I hope!! We did not even get around to that. I was ready to bring it up when my phone battery died and apparently hers did as well. It is time to shut up when your batteries die! I enjoyed our talking Steph, call me anytime. I'll try to keep the phone charged up.

Totally different topic...for those of you who read Mike Cope's blog, you must go to my friend Bret's blog and listen to the you tube "Mike Cope Sings the Classics". Way too funny!!

No comments: