Friday, January 05, 2007

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Jumped in the deep end of the pool for the first time conquering a 34 yr old fear of the water.

Went to Disneyworld for the first time...loved it.

Watched one of my children be baptized.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved to declutter-I have done that. I still have more to do but I accomplished ALOT!

I resolved to put paint that was bought on the walls-I did that as well. Not all of it but 50% of it.

I resolved to lose weight. As of Jan 1, I weighed about 1 lb less than last year.

YEAH-RAH, Go me for keeping all of my resolutions to some extent.

This year I resolve to spend more time with the important people in my life.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Many friends did, but no close relatives.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, two of Erik's uncles.

5. What countries did you visit?
USA

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More patience, a more organized living space and less anger.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm not good with actual DATES but I have alot of wonderful memories!!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving up the dream of being the perfect mom, wife and housecleaner. I still strive to do my best, but I no longer beat myself up when it doesn't go well. I also killed the "perfect homeschool day" with a large stick and then threw it on the fire!!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I did not enjoy life enough. I stressed and caused stress.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing radical.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
We have made alot of purchases that were wise, well thought out decisions. That feels good.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erika getting baptized was certainly monumental!!

Our soldiers in Irag are very awesome.

Bush has done the best job humanly possible considering all the crap he is faced with every day


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Christians. We are such a cliche' group. I want to be more, reach more, really share the good news. Ease heartache, apply the balm of Gilead more often.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Into our house. The best place for it.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The new mercies I get from God every morning.


16. What song will always remind you of 2006?

?? Can't think of one that spans the year or provokes memories for me.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner(by 1 small pound), richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Played with my kids.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Tv, computer, laundry(hee hee)

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family four nights and days in a row and loved it.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fell in love in 1993 with an awesome fella, married him in 1994 and don't plan on doing it again with anyone else but him.

22. How many one-night stands?
WHAT?? 0 : )

23. What was your favorite TV program?

There are many. Too too many.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I kind of hated someone last year, but I prayed for her all year and now I kind of like her even though she still hates me. No, I don't hate anyone. The devil, is he "anyone"?

25. What was the best book you read?
THe Yada Yada Prayer group series was the best.

Dr Laura's Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands was most life changing.

Short a,e,i,o, and u have been real good as well. (HEE HEE!)

CULTURE WARRIOR, but I read it over the span of two years,(Dec-Jan)!!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I learned about whole notes, half notes, quarter notes. I also learned whole rests and half rests. I know there is a treble clef and a base clef. I learned alot at Harmony Road 1 with Lilly.

27. What did you want and get?
A rug in my living room. New curriculum.

28. What did you want and not get?
A bookstore of my very own downtown with our living quarters upstairs.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Can't say that I had one.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 34 and had a shrimp boil with my family and in-laws. The best tradition in the world.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

We would have won the war in Iraq and had an explosion of patriatism in America. Republicans would have won all their elections and got in session and made real conservative changes that we could all see.


32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Comfortable.

33. What kept you sane?
Homeschool support group meetings and wonderful friendships developed there.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't we all know the answer here?? Bill O'Reilly

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Departure from American traditional values

36. Who did you miss?

My friend Beth Sturm. I think about her almost every day.
All of my friends that I am out of contact with for whatever reason.


37. Who was the best new person you met?

Stephanie S.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I can only imagine...

1 comment:

janjanmom said...

Steal away!! All of you readers!! And let me know you did so I can read it!