Sunday, January 14, 2007

Funny thing...

During de-lurking week, I had no extra time...at all...and so I don't think I de-lurked on anyones post except my actual "I know them" daily reads. I think that is funny. Put my $20 in the offering plate today and my daughter Erika was surprised to see actual "big money" cash go into the offering plate. Made me feel bad that we usually give in checks which really doesn't mean anything to them. And actually, my hubby puts them in so they just see me putting in lower denominations.

Hubby and kids are watching "King Kong". I am passing. It appears to be too scary in many parts based on how many times they have left the room screaming only to go right back when it(scary scene)is over. I better rest up for when they awake screaming with nightmares later. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

Sermon all about marriage today complete with a survey slip to be filled out by both parties. Ordinarily I would be all over that like white on rice. I have decided to let him take the lead if anything comes of that. I think I can pretty much guarantee the topic will not be revisited. I am just focusing on reading the Bible, being faithful to God and trying to be happy in that. I can only change myself, I can't force someone to take a role they don't want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God gives us all different crosses in our lives.
For some it's the form of a distant marriage, some it's children and for some it's both.
I agree with you, I think all we can do is work on ourselves, trust God, and then give it over to God and ask if it's his will that it may be changed.
I think that's all we can do ! Of course it doesn't make it any easier while we're going through it, but if we just trust the Lord with whatever circumstance he allows, I think we can find peace and contentment within that :)
Have a good day !
Deborah

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that my kids are not the only ones who wake up screaming after watching something ,that is if they even go to sleep.