Friday, August 18, 2006

I don't know what I am doing!!!!

I stripped Lilly's room to the bare walls yesterday. Her behavior was completely out of control all this week, but after some writing on the wall and breaking her mirror for sport, a drew a line in the sand so to speak. We took every toy and pretty thing from her room except one doll and one set-around on her dresser. It is empty. She must earn it all back with good behavior or lose even more. I must remember to notice the positive today and this weekend. There is a distinct difference in her behavior today-I hope this works. I don't know what I am doing!!!! I am fearful someone will come for my mommy license.

In other news, one of my friends at church is expecting!! This will be their first and I am so excited!! She will be too if she can find a medicine that makes her stop throwing up!! I had great pregnancy with no sick, so I can't relate. I am praying for her though. That I can do.

Gotta go, we are trying to get as much school as possible today before some friends come to visit. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone will come for your mommy license. Don't second guess yourself. I'm sure you're a wonderful mother!! She has to learn to respect her things. You're teaching her a great lesson.

jettybetty said...

I think that sounds like a great thing to do!!!

summer said...

that is one of my best measures to take to get through to anna (3 1/2) so don't feel like you are a horrible mom. if you are, then i am--and i don't think either one of us are!!!!!take care. hope it works.

Jessica said...

Dr Phil... who I don't always subscribe too.. but occasionally has a great idea... says that we give our kids too much... that we should take it all away and let them earn it back. So... I'm guessing if he suggested it no one is going to take your mommy license away.