Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My husband was all set...

...to pull the best, most well-thought out prank of his life. He had a red rose and a honey walnut cookie(Kirchoff's, best in the whole world). He was all set to tell me he had traded in his jeep for the little red corvette sitting in our driveway. The rose and the cookie were to soften the blow.

REAL-LIFE scenario?? He walked in the door and heard me having a heart-to-heart with Lilly in her room and came in with the rose and the cookie. Since I was feeling like the worst parent in the whole world and knew nothing of what he drove up in, I thought he was just being sweet not being a trickster. I immediately dissolved into a pool of tears and said I don't deserve a cookie or a rose. WOW!! Talk about deflating a practical joke. When the tears finally stopped he told me about his whole joke plan and then we all took turns going for a ride in the "hot" car.

The girls were so impressed with the car which we borrowed all weekend.(A guy on Erik's route has been telling him to borrow it for the weekend and take me out on a date in it forever...Erik finally said yes) Erik and I had date night Saturday night and it was fun to be in a red corvette instead of a white mini-van. I drove it a couple of times and it was neat but I think I like something a little less showy...and a five-speed...if I'm going to be sporty that is. In my life though, the best thing to drive is a mini-van. Plenty of room and lots of doors.

Our date Saturday was The River's Edge Film Festival. Even though the tickets were free, I still wanted my money back...hee hee. I think independent films are just not very good. We are lucky we were involved with shorts films and animated films or it could have been worse. I know the basic jist is to show off their directing, angles, film abilities, etc. But they were just not entertaining. Our "showcase" was from 5:30-7:30 and I have never seen a theatre emptied more quickly in my life!! Some people left before 7:30 and I so wanted to be one of those people, but Erik wanted to see it through...hoping. The last one was the best. In Japanese. With subtitles. The best one, subtitles. Hurray, get your tickets for next year before they sell out.

While it was not the best date of my life, it was awesome to be away from the kiddos and spend some time with my honey alone. I think he was a little hurt that I did not enjoy myself more. Maybe I am a red-neck, I wanted to see Talladaga Nights. Will Ferrell is funny. I like funny. In his defense, Erik wanted to see that too, but free tickets are free tickets. We were frugal. And cultured.

**********************************

It is Tuesday and we await the outbreak of chicken pox eagerly. We are quarantining ourselves until Thursday and if we don't have them by then it won't be the first time our plans went awry!! We are still going boating though!! As long as Lilly feels okay. Of course we won't take her if she is very fevery and sick-but just pox will not keep us out of the lake. Away from people, yes. Fun with nature, no.

Erik is on vacation this week so we are off track and spontaneous. It drives me crazy to not have any sort of plan, but he likes to take it easy and do things as the mood strikes him. It is like herding cats. Speaking of which, we are down to one kitten and it just so happens to be the girl's favorite one. We may keep it. We still have a week to decide as they are five weeks. It is awfully cute.

My posting will be very spontaneous like my week.

No comments: