Thursday, August 31, 2006

Annoyingly mundane...

Yesterday I finally went to the grocery. A long overdue trip. I have a new love for Kroger. They have good sales and in-store coupons. I got waffles for 45 cents, frozen orange juice concentrate for 45 cents and frozen veggies for 45 cents each. All these item were on sale for $1, which was a great deal but then they had a 55 cents off coupon on their door, so that made it even better. Kayla was with me and she was amazed (as was I) how cheap things were. Diet cokes were on sale too-$2.50 a 12-pack. Pepsi products were on sale last time so I bought pepsi products and may I say pepsi one tastes like "no.2" but I love fizz and try to keep my habit cheap.

Anyway, Kayla and I had good one-on-one time. Much needed. I have started reading with Lilly before bed. Again, much needed one-on-one time. (Don't miss that-She is reading!! I am so proud and it is only short vowel words but she reads me her books before bed and I think it is awesome!!) Erika and I of course have the mornings as she is a very early riser and comes and talks to me (sleeps/snuggles). The hardest part of having three is finding time with each one through the day. Most days it does not happen. I am trying to do it on purpose more often. I am also trying to start getting up before my kids which is no small task for a night owl that loves to sleep in.

Erik and I had a bit of a fight last night about how he can ask about school without sounding so negative. I hope we can come up with a way for him to hold me accountable and ask about school without sounding so ogre-ish..."Did you do school today?" This sounds to me like the assumption is that we did not which really makes my blood boil. Pray for us as we try to reach a happy compromise. Tips would be great. I need the accountability of him asking and checking up on me-but not the "accusation" of not doing school.

Sorry so mundane...I warned you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE that question!!! It really gets to me. I'm like, yeah, all day, everyday. LIFE=School
It starts fights here, too. We are getting better.
NOW, He says, hey, how was your day? Did they do what you asked? Anything for me to check/go over with anyone??
Definately don't talk about it as soon as he comes home...they are too tired/grouchy and mostly we are too!!!! Although he's the first ADULT contact I have had for the day!!
I LOVE KROGER!!! They rock when it comes to having 4 kids!! 2 growing teen boys. EVERYthing there is reasonable! I don't even walmart as much, they have diapers cheaper. LOVE IT LOVE IT. Glad you found it too!

Heather F.

Susie said...

We don't have a Kroger here. I know we used to go Krogering when we lived in Houston. Here, we mostly Walmart, with an option for Food World. Your Kroger sounds marvelous!

I'll keep you in my prayers about the schooling. That's tough. Although Heather's husband had a rather positive way of asking, I thought.