Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I won, I won!!

I won dominoes last night. This is a first for me. Since our friends Ken and Debbie introduced us to the game, we have played many times-mostly with our kids. I am not very good. I usually end up with amazingly high round scores. Last night, however, we played with Mike and Sara and I managed to pull off a win. Now this was an abbreviated game because Sara needs her ZZ's but stopping when we did got me a win. YAY! It was a nice visit. Erik and I have decided we need to have people over more. I was gonna wait until we got the house nice and tidy-but that may never happen so we are moving ahead.

Erik is off today so our schedule is already altered but we love it when he is home with us. The girls just beam. Today is Erik's Mom's birthday so we have a visit in our future.

Thanks so much for all of your nice comments on my major accomplishment. Anyone can comment by the way, I have it so even if you don't have a blog you can still comment so you have no excuse Heather!! In answer to your question Sandy, yes I did it many times and the next day...no nose plugs but I did hold my nose. It is fun and really the funnest, quickest way to get in the pool. I think, at age 34, I may have conquered a lifelong fear. WOW!

We got our homeschool yearbook yesterday and it looks great. We do it scrapbook style which makes it very interesting. Each family gets a two-page spread to tell about their school year. Neato-burrito. Mine looked better in color but it was still cute. This year I am hoping to remember to take pictures as we go along of school stuff. We did not have a single field trip picture in our pages. Bad bad reporting of our year. We did make it into some other people's pages so that was nice.

Well I'm off to take on an interesting schedule day.

No comments: