Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today, I will go to the doctor and beg for drugs. My throat feels swollen as large as my head!

The health fair might have been a little better descibed as a few health tables. We did get some free salmon with spinach and artichokes. It was delicious. The colossal colon was not as large as I expected, but very educational. I know what crohn's disease is now.

We all felt very lousy walking around except Kayla, the super gene holder of the family. She is very bored with our whole sick family thing. We all came home at 5:30, got pajamas on and began our slow decline to bedtime.

We leave Sat. Lilly is counting down in her little hoarse voice. I just hope we can all be well for the trip!!

Keep your fingers crossed that I(we are) am medicatable, and can get strong steroids!!

Lastly, for those of you sick of hearing me whine:

10 MORE THINGS ABOUT ME!
1. I was a volunteer fire fighter when I was 21. I drove the truck and worked the control panel for the hoses. I only worked one fire, a forest fire and it was dreadful! Erik was left at my Mom's house with my entire family while I went on the call. He has never forgiven me. I fought the fire with an ex-boyfriend, he wasn't real happy about that either. I quit a few days later. It was a brief but life enriching experience.

2. I have never flown on an airplane.

3. I skipped my senior prom to go on a date wih a college guy. We still went to Prom Bash. He was not a fun date. We went to a play. It was a good play. I don't remember the name, but it was at Playhouse in the Park in Murray.

4. I have worked at almost every restaurant in Paducah.

5. I could tell you stories to make you never want to eat out again. I won't.

6. I try not to think about any of that when I go out to eat.

7. I am not a germ freak. I was in nursing school during microbiology. It was the worst year of my life and I shared all of my knowledge with anyone who would listen. The m ost lasting thing I learned is that germs and parasites are everywhere and you may as well just accept it that you cannot kill them all-even with all the bath and body antimicrobial soap and gel in the world.

8. I went to nursing school for 2 years and hated every minute of it. Instead of telling my mom I hated it and quitting, I just quit studying and flunked out. My mom wasn't even paying for my college-I was. She just had all her hopes pinned on me being a nurse because she wanted to be one. I hope I never do that to my kids!

9. My favorite restaurant is Outback Steakhouse.

10. My favorite restaurant job was McDonald's. If they paid more, I would work there today! They are very clean and positive.

1 comment:

summer said...

you, a firefighter?! i can see it--i think. good luck getting well. i will be praying for you all!
summer