So, as I have begun what I affectionately refer to as my 'mid-life crisis', I am interested in working through my baggage. Unpacking it and getting rid of some stuff I don't need. I really don't need to pass food and anger issues on to the next generation. Perhaps I already have...but solutions to issues can be passed to the next generation too. ( :
My truths for this week:
- Sugars and starches are poison to me. My body responds to them the same as an drug addict's body does their drug of choice. Once I start, it is no longer a choice...more of a battle.
- I can make healthy choices of what goes into my body without feeling deprived and different. It is a choice to feel like a victim, not a fact.
- Anger itself is not a sin. How I choose to express my anger very often is. Anger is not an emotion that builds up to overflowing...unless I allow it. I am in control. The Bible says, "Do not sin in your anger." That proves the sin involved with anger is a choice. I need to "Take every thought captive to God".
- Kindness and anger are opposites. I cannot embrace kindness with a "head full of hate".
- I need to teach these lessons to my children by example, not lecture.
|Me right now...you can't see the changes but they are happening.|
|The whole process.|