Friday, October 01, 2010

Fresh Month!

What a wonderful gift today...a fresh brand new month.  October is such a good month too!  The promise of all things fall.  An end to our hot weather and maybe some rain.  The nights and mornings have been glorious around these parts.  We have been downright cool a few evenings and I love that.  I really love that.  I don't love winter and that kind of cold, but the cool of fall makes me want to drink coffee and read.

I want to be real excited and motivated about school but that ain't happening yet.  My kids have had their whole social life threatened and so they are finally motivated.  That is a good thing. ( :  I guess someone needs to threaten my social life...oh wait, that won't work-I DON'T HAVE ONE!!

My dad had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday and he is doing great.  I think he is on some very serious drugs though.  My dad is always a man of few words and he was quite chatty Wednesday afternoon and also last night.  It reminds me of his younger days when he was quite the drinker.  He was always a talker while imbibed.  Not that it is quality conversation...just conversation.

The girls and I started this week with a camp out at a local conservation camp.  I am now longing for a camping trip.  I think I am ready to be a park ranger.  It is what I want to be when I grow up.  I love biology and nature...I think it would be glorious and very fun.  It's a shame I'd have to go back to school and get a degree...couldn't my passion for nature be enough??  I guess I'll just have to keep planning it for when I am 65.

Enjoy a glorious autumn day, y'all.  I'm off to the doc to see that I have only lost a pound.  I guess it is time to add counting calories to my changed diet and exercise program.  I knew this day was right around the corner.  I am willing to do whatever it takes to continue on in my journey to be healthy.  33 pounds down...60 to go.

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

I hear those plateaus are just part of the process.

Enjoy your fresh month!