- Took Daisy to a new vet about the tail situation. Fleas had been under control, tail still gross and getting grosser. No longer buying that this is a flea allergy. We are now giving Ceglinski a try and hoping for the best. He has her a some drugs to control the chewing and then deal with the actual tail damage once chewing is under control. The charges today were EXTREMELY reasonable and he is a very nice man.
- Just got home from a Civil War Ghost Walk. I thought it was alot of fun but my kiddos were a bit bored and ready to go home. It was alot of standing and waiting. I don't think they expected the turn-out they got. The line was incredibly long.
- Decluttering has reached mammoth proportions around here. My family has decided a yard sale is in order. since everyone is old enough to REALLY help, I have agreed to it. Once more. The plan is to split all earnings five ways as long as everyone does their part to be helpful. I won't stop until we are pared down to just the necessary items for life...at least that is my hope.
- I am having allergy attacks from you-know-where. It is the first time in my life it has hit me this hard. I have a cough I can't shake often accompanied by a runny nose. Everything is all clear so I think that means allergies...and misery.
- Lilly is set up next week to begin testing to go to public school. She has been begging, complaining and asking nicely for so long that I have finally given in. She is still young enough-4th grade-that I am pretty much okay with it. We will be going into a different county, so she has to pass a test-I cannot tell a lie, I am quite nervous about it. She is too. I know that she is extremely bright, but I just worry about her ability to take a standardized test since she never has. I only have a slight case of nervous hives. She has told everyone that she knows and 25 people she doesn't that she is going to public school. I suspect she is very excited. I hope they have a drama program. ( :
- My dad's knee replacement surgery recovery is going great. He is pretty amazing. He doesn't ever really need anything and he has been going above and beyond since day 1. I can't help but compare my father's low maintenance personality to my mother's high maintenance personalities. Talk about some irreconcilable differences!
- The girl who was the flower girl in my wedding gets married tomorrow. I can't even believe it. I so wish her mother was still alive. I have been thinking about her non-stop the last few days. I really miss her and it will be so hard to go through tomorrow without seeing her there. The fella Kirsten is marrying is so wonderfully amazing. I hope they have a very happy life together. Goodness knows she has seen enough YUK in her young life to deserve happiness forevermore.
PS. If certain people still have a surplus of tomatoes...well, they should text me immediately so I can help with that. ( :