Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Today I have the comfortable ache I have grown accustomed to.  The ache that means I went to aerobics the day before.  I keep thinking that I will get used to it and it will no longer make me sore.  However, day after day, week after week my muscles still ache.  So now I embrace the pain.  Befroe I started aerobics, I had different pain-my right knee hurt all the time and sometimes my left would join the chorus.  I have decided that pain is just part of life...in almost every way.

I am having a good week, so far.  There have been many moments over the weekend that I was extremely proud to get to be the mom of these girls of mine.  It's like God knew I was at the end of my rope and feeling like a total failure as a mom.  He then gave me some tiny glimpses of what HIS girls are growing into.  Sometimes I forget and think they are merely an extension of me and forget that they are each their very own unique selves with God given gifts and plans for their lives.  I don't know why he decided to entrust them with me, but I feel confident they will turn out just fine, either with some guidance from me or despite guidance from me-not sure which one applies.  I think it varies from day to day.

Today, I am really working on getting some household chores done.  Mount Washmore is only a small mountain but all other chores are off the charts out of control.  I'm so pissed that this is how I spend all my free time excited to show love for my family by being a maid servant.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Gotta love the good pain.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Brings to mind the refrain "Hurts So Good". I'm so proud of you for sticking to aerobics.

Jason, as himself said...

It must be so nice having such a good maid like you!