Today, I will tell you ten things I like about me:
- I am not perfect and I don't pretend to be. I am very honest about my past and my present struggles if it will help someone else.
- I will probably not ever win a 'mother-of-the-year' contest. However, I am breaking a pattern of generational sin with my kids. I love them and I have devoted my life to them. They are not out there trying to figure out life on their own. I am committed to them and their father. I love them all and it doesn't depend on their behavior (most days).
- I don't have high expectations of people. It doesn't rock my world if I find out someone talked bad about me or someone else. I've done it; you've done it; we all do it every once in a while. I have a full-time job keeping what comes out of my mouth wholesome. I don't really have time to monitor what comes out of everyone else's mouth.
- You could call me at 2 AM if you needed help. I can't say I would have the cheeriest disposition about it, but I would try to help you in any way I could. If this became a habit, I would set some serious boundaries with you but still try to help you.
- I am not OCD. I joke that I would like to be-but really I don't want to be. I value people over cleanliness and cleaning up after having company is something I truly enjoy. I savor the fellowship we had while I tidy up.
- I love a spontaneous visit-you coming to my house or me coming to yours. I LOVE them. I have very few people in my life that I can do this with because my husband firmly believes it is the rudest behavior ever. (Us spontaneously visiting, not being visited by others.)
- I love my pets. For me that means they must live among us-in our house. I secretly feel sorry for you and your pets if you think animals should only live outside. There is nothing better than being wrapped up in a blanket, reading a good book, having a dog on your feet and a kitty curled up in your lap.
- I love public speaking. I love speaking to a big group. I am way better at writing and public speaking than I am at small group conversations unless it is a small group of close friends.
- While I secretly wish I had a best friend, I KNOW I am not best friend material anymore. My husband is the only best friend I can handle. That doesn't keep me from having lots of very close friends in the same boat.
- I am brutally honest. I say brutally because at times I am brutal about it and expecting it from others. It is a blessing and a curse. (Thanks to Monk for that lovely saying.)
So there are just a sampling of things I like about me. ( : Oh, oh and I'm funny!! Mostly in a smart alec way, but still funny. PLUS, I LOVE to laugh.