- I have not had a soda in...I haven't counted the days, but it has been a long time. Other people have congratulated me with things like-good for you, I haven't had one in 10 years, 3 years, over a year, etc. I am now in a sort of a recovery club. I still miss it and its wonderful fizziness. Diet Coke was my drink of choice and I do believe the hype that it stimulates your appetite for sweets. I believe it because I don't crave them with every fiber in my body like I used to. I still enjoy sweets, the craving just doesn't rule my thoughts.
- I have been on a well balanced (dietitian provided) diet for three weeks. It hits every food group according to the requirements in the food pyramid. I work very diligently to follow it exactly. I plan things out to follow it. I have had a few 'meals off'-well actually exactly two. It seems to be working for me. I can tell my stomach has shrunk because I get full faster. I feel better. My clothes fit looser.
- THE SCALES SAY I HAVE ONLY LOST 1 POUND. One stinking pound for a whole lifestyle change. I am not deterred but that is POWERFULLY DEPRESSING.
- I have been doing aerobics three times a week for almost two weeks. It hurts. I am still sore the next day but I...keep coming back. BECAUSE, I know it helps. I know I have abused and neglected my health for far too long. I hate exercise. HATE it. But I love the fact that it makes me feel more responsible, more accountable. The instructor is AWESOME and encouraging and also really funny. RUTHLESS when it comes to pushing us(me) to the limits of what I think I can stand.
- My knee got REALLY bad, so bad I bought a knee brace. Now it has come back to just irritatingly painful. If it had stayed where it was, I would have been to the doctor, again. It has been x-rayed and diagnosed as early onset arthritis-just not by an ortho doc.
And now the TEARS:
I just cannot stop thinking about my friend, Jane. She lost a hard-fought battle with cancer. I KNOW she is in a better place. I KNOW she lived a wonderful life. She was only 51. She was an amazing person. She loved everyone and they loved her back. Everything I see reminds me of her and her sense of humor. I wish God would have allowed us more time with her. Our whole church has a Jane-sized hole in our hearts. The tears just keep coming, I only thought I was all cried out. She would NOT like it that we are all crying. She wasn't about being sad, she was all about enjoying life to the fullest and making your life count by making a difference in every life you touch. What an AMAZING legacy. I miss you, Jane!