Monday, September 14, 2009

Rec-time

We were in a big long line of cars today. It was very stop and go. Once I barely stopped in time. Just as the "Whew!" escaped my lips, we were hit from behind. Three girls all squealed loudly...maybe 4, LOL. And there I was, the mini-van filling in a three car accident. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Even the cars would have been OK except for my trailer hitch ball. They will flat out smash a radiator.

I instructed the girl who 'bumped' us to pull way over because her radiator was toast and she was not gonna be driving anywhere. She at age 20 is engaged to a man stationed far away with the Navy. Her mom is in the hospital in Nashville. She was willing to be dropped off somewhere to wait, but I just wanted her to be stranded at home if she had to be stranded. So we took her home. I could not feel good about her riding in a tow truck.

It was certainly a lively afternoon. I hope tomorrow is boring!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

So glad no one was hurt! Good job taking care of the girl. (I'm sure that wasn't on your "fresh start Monday" agenda, but it was certainly more important.) I hope tomorrow is boring for you, too!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay. I'll bet I know where that long line of traffic was. I was stuck in it around 5pm.