Sunday, March 08, 2009

Not So Spring-y

I would like to go on record for two things. I LOVE daylight savings time. I HATE that we have to "SPRING" forward to get to it. Also, sorry Mia-I totally forgot about the time change when I stayed at your house until 9:30 which was really 10:30. ARGHHH! If it helps any, my eyelids have been propped open with toothpicks since 7AM.

Yesterday was such a fun blur. We were busy from the time we got up (EARLY o'clock) until I went to bed (MUCH TOO LATE o'clock). We helped with my lovely niece's(in-law) baby shower-I was the game girl, can you imagine?? IT was alot of fun and they even fed us a meal which is totally not something we are accustomed to at a baby shower. Delicious. Then we went to a friend's 40th birthday party where there was more food but I was too full for anything but water. I got to look way up at him to call him an "old man". And then to Mia's to preview her yard sale. I am so pleased with my new-to-me vacuum!! I even stayed up late to test it out on my rug. I will not document how many times I emptied the thing for my one rug...some things are just personal.

The best part of the day though, was that Baby Cameron was also at Mia's. I got to hold him and smooch him. He didn't scream or cry. In fact he nuzzled, hugged my hand and slept, well, like a baby. I was praising the Lord that my tubes are tied or I would be having the baby fever in a big way. I can't wait to see him again. I also can't wait for my niece to have her little baby boy. Babies are so precious. Sweet, lovable, precious gifts from above. Unfortunately, they grow into teenagers. Surly, sometimes snotty snitty teenagers. Talk about a packaging gimmick. (LOL, I love my surly girls!)

2 comments:

Mia said...

Yet one more thing we have in common to cement our friendship...surly girls!! Cameron will be here today too...I'm just sayin' Thank you again for adding to my coffers.
By the way I stayed up with hubby until 12:30 and still got up at 6:15!! Say it....say it...whose the man?

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I didn't spring forward when the alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I'm with you. I like the change, but I don't like losing that hour. On the heels of my ice storm schedule, it has my body clock all messed up.