Saturday, February 07, 2009

Antidisestablishmentarianism

That title has nothing to do with anything, just proving to my children that I can spell it. Mostly just the child staring over my shoulder. Nosy girl. (I typed sex and she went away.)

We are still in the dark, at least at home. I got my fridge side of the refrigerator cleaned out today. It is all empty and ready to be filled up. Come on power, we are waiting for you. I also got the rest of our clothing that was dirty from the house to finish up. I'll have enough to do without adding laundry to the mix. We have all the comforts of home here and we are sitting pretty. Jerry took Erika and Lilly to Sam's and the grocery today. He let them pick out any cereal they wanted. You would have thought they had won the lottery. Kayla went to the house with me and I made her work. She did not want to go to the grocery. She also didn't complain about any of the work I made her do, so that was nice. She is really helpful now. Able to do all of the things I can. Those of you with little ones-it does get easier, physically anyway.

I vacuumed the whole house here at the guest house. It was easy to do and so little to repay the ability to stay here and have power. Plus, we ARE the ones making it messy!! ( ; It has been gorgeous weather and is supposed to be for the next few days. I just hope we don't get the rain we are supposed to get. Our lineman need things to be easier and rain and storms won't be easier.

Some day, I'll make it home and show you pics of our yard. Don't hold your breath-I don't anticipate power before next week sometime.

Welcome back to electricity Shortymom-I've been praying for you. Glad to hear you are powered up. Some day the land of Reid will get re-enrgized too.

1 comment:

ShortyMom said...

Thanks for the prayers! Been sending plenty your way...