Saturday, October 11, 2008

Networking

I was perusing my facebook account and realizing that a whole lot of people from my graduating class are on now. The last time I had checked it out, I added all of them-all five of them I think it was. Now there are so many more!! I have had fun catching up on people, as much as those little sentence blurbs allow! I left facebook wanting more. I wondered if people are married, how many kids they have, what they have done with the last 18 years. Facebook is really more for people you have already caught up with, doncha think? Of course, some people have all those things on their page-but others don't. Some say single-but you wonder, have they been single for 18 years or was there a divorce in there somewhere. What is their job now? Have they reinvented themselves afresh like I have? Have they had to let alot of smalltown ideals fall away? Have they been let down by key people in their life? Have they kept in touch with old friends better than I have? Are they "family hermits" as well-not by choice so much as that is the way life happens.

Do most people keep up with their best friends from high school? Am I a "bad friend" because I could not maintain those friendships because my life circumstances and theirs just couldn't mesh? It isn't as though I planned it that way. I was never getting married, but then I got married first-and I was only 21. Some of them still have not married and they wanted to. Some of them haven't and they have no desire to. I am not at all sorry for how my story turned out. I love my life. I love my family-so much in fact, my life is centered on them. My husband is really the only best friend I need, but I am still blessed with many other BFF's. However, most are from the present, not the past. How about you? Do you still have friends from high school that you are very close to? If you do, treasure it my friend. I am hoping to rekindle some old friendships and if it works I know I will treasure them as much as I do the "new" ones.

Oh yeah, and Kristin-I am really loving our new blogging friendship!! Does anyone else from school blog that I don't know about??

5 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

The only one that I keep regular contact with is Claire, my ex wife.

And I've said it many times, and I'll said it
again..."must...resist...Facebook...must....resist....Facebook...family....will....disown....me....."

Jen said...

I've sort of kept in touch with friends from high school. Not remotely as much as I would like, but whenever we do talk, whether it's 6 months or 6 years, we just pick right up where we left off.

I wish I'd been better at it. Enjoy your facebook!!!

Mia said...

Nope, no desire WHATSOEVER to have any contact with high school friends.They,very likely,feel the same way! Only have the time and energy for my present day "sister friends" Only Facebook to check on my daughters haha

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I have a best friend from high school, in fact, we became buddies in kindergarten that I have stayed close with all these years. We rode the bus together at age 5 and have stayed connected since. It's truly a blessing.

Sara said...

I wish I'd kept in better contact with my two best friends from high school. I did find out a friend from high school is now on The Amazing Race. That's one way to catch up. :) My college roomie and I are still very close, though.