Thursday, September 18, 2008

My phone rang at 8:30AM and it was my mom. (YAHOO, we have a phone with a good battery and caller ID finally!!) That is never a good sign since my mom very much enjoys sleeping in. My stepdad fell down and she could not get him up. Could I come quickly? I will be there as quick as possible but Kayla JUST got in the shower so it won't be quick. I also took a very quick shower after her because I was pretty sure there was an ER visit in my future.

I was wrong, Pete is fine and was able to get up before I arrived in a record 20 minutes. (Sometimes speeding is not wrong, right?) However, the bad news was that he had been on his way to the bathroom. Soooooo, my morning started with some hard core service. Mom felt terrible that I drove out for nothing, but I told her call me anytime. They have a hard life taking care of each other and I feel blessed to be able to be there for them. I thought of Hulagirl as I usually do when driving to Mom's (since I drive by her road) and decided that living next door would be pretty ideal. Of course, this is not an option as the houses by Mom are mostly farms that stay in the family and not anything anyone puts up for sale.

I have decided maybe I should get up and shower first thing though as this sort of thing is getting to be more and more likely and odds are good that I will be the first call due to our flexibility.

We have had a pretty good day after that. School was very abbreviated, but it did happen. We will play the fun game of catch-up tomorrow. Have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Whew! It's an epidemic this week. Glad you didn't have to go to the ER, and fortunately, our spill involved only minor injuries this time. We have found that staying somewhat clean and having clothes handy IS a good tip. God bless you. It's funny that we both posted about this today. You're not alone sister! Hang in there!!