Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday, Monday

A fresh start, a new week. I feel good. So far, we are having a pretty decent school day...as I typed that, things got ugly. Never type that you are having a decent school day until said day is over.

I hope all my friends in Texas are well. I have prayed specifically for your families and continue to do so. We had the tail end of the storm come through our parts and it was the weirdest storm I have ever seen. We were hoping for rain, lots of it because we need it. Instead we got tree splitting winds. Very little rain. LOTS of damage. Most of the schools in this area are unable to meet today due to the sheer volume of downed power lines. We did not have a power outage and for that I am very thankful. We spent the afternoon picking up branches here and at Erik's parents. We are surrouded by neighbors with substantial damage so we feel very lucky.

Back to school for me, I have a mountain of papers to grade and Mount Washmore threatens to take over our house. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad ya'll are damage-free! Your girls were so great in Pre-JAM yesterday!