Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Early To Bed, Early To Rise...


supposedly makes you healthy, wealthy and wise. OF course, I'll never get to be any of those things because I am just not wired to go to bed early OR get up early. I despise going to bed. I want to stay up forever enjoying my solitude. Sometimes I conquer the world, other times I just veg out watching TV, ocassionally, I have long phone conversations with friends. It doesn't "count" if anyone else is up. If I go to bed like a normal person at 10:00?? I will just lay there for about 2 hours. Sleep will not find me until midnight or after. I used to call it insomnia but then I figured out that if I stay up until midnight or later, I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. The problem is the other side of this equation. I hate getting up out of a warm snuggly bed. I love to sleep in. Even though, now that I am older it physically pains me to linger too long in bed (backaches, bones ache, etc) I still don't want to get up. I usually must get up at least once to go pee or let the dog out to pee, but I am snuggled back in as quick as possible. Today was quite a battle. I got up because there is much to do today and sleeping in is a colossal waste of time. I feel so much better if I get up at 6:30 or 7, get dressed and have a productive day. This almost never happens. It ALWAYS looks much more like 7:30 or 8:30.


I gotta get off of here, just five more minutes, really-I'll set the alarm.

No comments: