Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snow Way!

Ice Ice Baby! I can scarcely believe that there is actually ice out there. Usually when it is predicted, it does not happen. However, it is out there and my husband is in great peril as he walks and drives on it all day. Please keep him clothed in prayers for his safety today. On most days, he loves his job. He loves his route and everyone on his route loves him too. Ice and snow are dreadful to the walking man! So I will think of him all day.

No hospital visits for me today which is not as comforting as you might imagine. I have had an extended stay in the hospital and can't imagine how dreadful it would be without visitors! Add to that the guilt that I did not make it to see my stepdad yesterday and I'm not sure anyone else did either. One of my sisters has the flu, one has two kids who are sick, one has a job that has gotten much behind and also sports for one child in the evening. That leaves me only to make the rounds.

We are snuggled up under covers listening to "The Goose Girl". It is a very good book and we have enjoyed it. Pajama day is soon to be declared. Crafts and cookies are in our future...maybe even some bread. (Thanks Sara for recipes!)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kevin is jealous . . . he doesn't get pajama days, or snow days, or ice days . . . not even sick days really!

Mia said...

"The Goose Girl?...hey come on you are suppose to tell me about the good books...

Sara said...

Cool! Sounds like you made fabulous use of this ice day!