Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SLOWLY getting better...

Today was better than yesterday and I anticipate tomorrow will go better as well. The nights are hard and so I am saying extra prayers for rest for my mom and my sis who is spending the night with her for a few days.

The best observation I can make about health care workers is that they are wonderful. It just has to be a job you love or you could never make it. You really do see the worst in people. We all want our loved ones to be the only patient. I have tried to remember we are not the only ones and to be helpful and understanding whenever possible. It is also helpful to have a room that smells good. It makes the workers happy to come in and smell something good for a change.

Also, this not such a lovely observation-most health care workers I have encountered have really bad breath. It is because they never have time to eat properly. This is especially true of Doctors and other higher ups. Apparently the more money you make, the less likely you are to get to eat. If I ever go to med school, once I become a doc-I'm packing some breath mints.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your mom. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Your blog looks so nice! I love the family pic! How sweet. I need to get us another one made. I hope we could all fit:)

It's late...and cold. I hope you have a better tomorrow.

Happy Valentine's Day.~
Heather...dsl Heather... :)

Sandy said...

Your mom is lucky to have her girls to take care of her.

My doctors have always had coffee breath (at least the ones that have had to get into my face for some reason). I figure it's better to have a smelly-breath doctor than a sleepy doctor :-)