Thursday, December 13, 2007

Judge A Town By Its...

Books! This library takes up nearly an entire city block. It is FULL of books. There are lots and lots of books. It also has tons of DVDs and CDs-how awesome is that?? Alphabetized CDs available for check out. And a big climbing thing for little kids plus little magnet games all over the wall to play with. In fact a whole PLAYROOM with an adjoining fenced in garden area just in case you need to run around outside. Several puzzle tables, a coffee shop, a huge story hour room, and did I mention the pet degu? Not that you can pet it or anything-but it is quite cute. Right now he is having breakfast. I have serious library envy and this library is the reason I would move to Evansville in half a heartbeat. Did I mention this is one of three libraries in this city?? I bet they all have lots of wonderful books not video games and 27 copies of Harry Potter. Did that sound bitter-I'm sorry. Stop it janjanmom!!

Last night we went for wonderful German food. It was so good I had to take two Nexiums. You probably are not supposed to double up like that-but REFLUX just sucks. Hey that rhymes. Reflux is such a cool sounding word too, it is not at all cool. It is hot and burning and miserable. So anyway, the German food was delicious. We go for German food every chance we get because hubby wants to open a German Restaurant so I have to work like a dog while he eats sausages and sips German beer. This is the stuff his dreams are made of-German sausages, German wine and German beer. I don't love German food-but I do like it. I do not want to own a German Restaurant. I spent alot of years being a waitress or some other branch of food service-7 years. It is very hard work. I would waitress again though-I love people, most of them-especially in a "I'll be really nice to you and you can leave me a giant tip" way.

Yesterday the girls and I spent 20 hours at the children's museum. We had the place to ourselves. It was nice. Of course, Lilly made buddies with all the workers and so they showed us all sorts of cool things. Like their awesome block building skills and how to load up the ball machine so it rains balls-the directions specifically say "One ball at a time." Hee hee, we loaded up about 15 and let it rain. It is good to have places like that to yourselves! Paper airplane races are just more fun.

Okay I'm really out of sequence here--SORRY...After German food, we took the girls ICE SKATING!!!!! They loved it and had it pretty well mastered it after about 15 minutes. Erik and I observed from a safe SEATED distance. IT was the coldest two hours of my life. I did not wear my coat which was a big mistake. The ice arena was enourmous-TWO rinks. One was for skating, the other was for high school hockey. Erik watched some of it, but said that whole side smelled like sweaty adolescent boys. I decided to pass. I did get to see some boys who had painted themselves blue and yellow though so that was fun.

Today we are going to tour the Reitz House I hope. It is a German mansion. This town has lots of culture, the visitor center is a pagoda. There is also a new African American Museum that I would totally go to if I knew where it was. We would like to find our way to the goodwill here but I am quite directionally challenged so it is best to stick with what I know. (The Library)

I guess that is all I got. Home this afternoon. Back to life, back to reality. I miss my laundry...just kidding. We've got plenty coming home with us. I wonder if Toby has enjoyed his kennel stay? I bet he sleeps for two days.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Oh lets just all move up there!! Yes, I will agree as a Prilosec user, Reflux Sux

Sara said...

Wow, what an awesome library! Sounds like a great town to visit. Thanks for filling us in on all the awesomeness. Maybe we'll go there sometime....