Wednesday, December 12, 2007

All I Want Is A Couple Days Off!!

I awakened much too early and walked with my entire family down to a nice already prepared breakfast of sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and yogurt. Of course my kids had to make waffles because-well because they like to be difficult. Do they ever finish a waffle? No. But the lure of the cup of mix and blisteringly hot waffle iron are just too much to resist. Kayla has a little burn to prove it was blisteringly hot. "Mom, what degree burn do you think this is?" 2nd. Woo hoo!!

My children are happily doing their spelling, NOT! They are not happy, but they are doing their spelling. Math is finished. History and Science will be courtesy of museums today. I love this day. Also, someone else is doing the cleaning while we play. We are at the library loving every minute of this morning. It is 9:37AM and we have conquered the world. We even did a little shopping at the corner drugstore and got a present and Christmas cards. (I'm still hopeful on cards!) The gift wrapping was free and so it is a done deal. I love done deals. Man o man did I need a day like this. I need about two weeks like this but every little bit helps and I shall take what I can get.

Coffee nips may be the best candy ever made. I love it so. I would love to take your guesses as to what fabulous city we are in. I gave hubby permission to move here. I sort of know my way around and it is a wonderful river town. We would be about 2 hours from home which would be just yummy. Please, you locals, don't mention our home city...this is the world wide web for goodness sake!!

I wish our library had a pet degu.

4 comments:

Mia said...

Ahhh...********** what a great little burg!! I think with our name we would fit in just fine there. ; )

Stephanie said...

hmmm . . . let me guess - Evansville?

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I think I know, but I'm not saying...being a local and all..it just doesn't seem fair. Eat at the Crab House for me, will you?

Sara said...

Yeah, I love hotel breakfasts. Maybe it's just the idea of vacation that gets me. Whatever it is, I'm glad you're having a good time.